Welcome to Hegarty Piano Studio
Hegarty Piano Studio offers individual private piano lessons for all ages and all levels of piano students. Each lesson is customized to meet the individual student's unique wants & needs. Lessons have been taught in Solano County since 1987 ... then we moved to the foothills of California in 2014 and now offer lessons to new students in their own homes around El Dorado County, covering Pollock Pines, Camino, Placerville, Coloma, Diamond Springs, El Dorado, Somerset, Cameron Park, Shingle Springs, El Dorado Hills, and other small towns in the surrounding area. Hegarty Piano Studio is also a registered vendor for Core Placer Charter School, Horizon Charter School, Visions in Education, and American River Charter School.
Here at Hegarty Piano Studio, piano students can pursue a complete and well-rounded music education that includes beautiful technique, artistic expression, fluent sight-reading, and amazing performance skills. All piano Lesson Plans follow the curriculum guidelines established by the California Music Teachers Association (CMTA) “Certificate of Merit” Program, as well as the Royal Conservatory of Music Program and allow students to study any genre of music they enjoy, at their own pace, while also challenging each student to reach their full potential.
Hegarty Piano Studio provides many optional performance opportunities throughout the year. We also coordinate Group Classes several times a year and we record an annual Student Christmas CD each year.
An optional “Student Gallery” is provided on this website, where each student has their own webpage with links to the their audio and video performance recordings. Using a private password, family and friends can watch and listen to your kid’s music as they progress each year.
There’s so much that you can do at Hegarty Piano Studio … I can’t fully explain it all in a short introduction paragraph … so please feel free to browse the website, read about our many events, listen to some of Miss Nancy’s performances, and check out the “Sample Students”. And if you are interested in joining us, please contact Miss Nancy for availability and a no charge Interview/Audition.
What's Coming Up Next . . .
- Week of May 29th-June 2nd
"END OF SEMESTER"
WORKING BREAK - No Lessons
COMMUNITY SERVICE PERFORMANCE
COMMUNITY SERVICE PERFORMANCE
- Week of July 3rd-July 7th
MID-SUMMER BREAK - No Lessons
FALL SEMESTER BEGINS
Latest News . . .
- The 2017 Annual Award Ceremony & Family Talent Show on May 6th was awesome! For the Recital performances, we handed out 8 Perfect Performance Trophies, 6 Best Performance Trophies, 8 Outstanding Performance Trophies, 5 Great Performance Trophies and zero Bravery Under Pressure Trophies!!
Sierra M earned a Perfect Performance Award for both of her Recital songs: "Hedwig's Theme" and "Polovetzian Dance"!!
The other recipients of a Perfect Performance Award were:
Megan A for "Morning",
Justice B for "America, the Beautiful",
Wolfgang F for "She Loves You",
Téa M for "Für Elise",
Jed O for "I'm Yours", and
Colby S for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
Congratulations to all of you!!
- The Audience Choice Awards were a fun surprise to all the students! The recipients voted the audience's favorites were:
Espressivo Award - Gabby L for "Ichiban No Takaramono (My Most Precious Treasure)"
Adagio Award - Sierra M for "Polovetzian Dance",
Andante Award - Janelle O for "So Close",
Allegretto Award - Isaac S for "Mission Impossible Theme",
Allegro Award - Michael M for "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"
Primer Bravissimo Award - TIE: Justice B for "America, the Beautiful" AND Colby S for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
Beginner Bravissimo Award - Brendan F for "Popeye, the Sailor Man"
Elementary Bravissimo Award - Wolfgang F for "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"
Pre-Intermediate Bravissimo Award - Téa M for "Für Elise",
Intermediate Bravissimo Award - Malia R for "Funeral March of a Marionette"
Advanced Bravissimo Award - Jed O for "I'm Yours"
Congratulations to you all!
- Several students were promoted at this year's Award Ceremony:
From the Primer Level to the Beginner Level ... Megan A, Morgan B, Justice B, Colby S & Isaac S.
From the Beginner Level to the Intermediate Level ... Michael M, Téa M, Malia R, & Sydney S.
From the Intermediate Level to the Advanced Level ... Janelle O & Jed O. Congratulations to you all!
- The Family Talent Show portion of the event was absolutely fantastic! We had three piano duets, a piano & sax duet, a piano & poetry reading, a piano & harmonica duet, a piano, violin & tenor trio, and a piano & drums duet. The volunteer performers were wonderful and everyone had a terrific time. You can watch these awesome performances on the YouTube playlist.
- The 2017 Annual Recital was a smashing success! The students all performed beautifully and I am very proud of all of them! The videos will be posted on the student's individual pages in the Student Gallery after the May 6th Award Ceremony. But if you'd like to watch the Recital - or parts of it - before then, you can find the YouTube playlist here.
- A warm welcome to the newest students at Hegarty Piano Studio! Adriah M, Arabella M, & Daryan M all started piano lessons in April. They are new to the piano and I'm sure they will all make terrific progress. Be sure to watch for them at the next community service performance.
Other Announcements . . .
- Great News! Hegarty Piano Studio is now a Vendor with Core Placer Charter Schools in El Dorado County! Private in-home piano lessons in the morning or early afternoon are now available to all home-schooled students studying through Core.
- Hegarty Piano Studio is also a Vendor with:
- Horizon Charter Schools
- Visions in Education
- American River Charter School